[Herts] Updating kernel on new system

Gary Hammond gary.hammond at e-webspinner.com
Fri Jan 14 23:17:17 GMT 2005

A rare reply form me...

No... just issue the rpm install command... rpm -i or what ever and away
you go.

No need for make or make install.

Gary

Lexx wrote:

>I have the 2.4.22.26 kernel in rpm format on CDR. If it's an RPM does this mean it's self-extracting, or do I have to go through #/make #/install #/make install?
>It's been a while and I've forgotten.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Lexx

*Gary Hammond <mailto:gary.hammond at e-webspinner.com>*
E-WebSpinner Limited <http://www.e-webspinner.com>
47 Girons Close, Hitchin
Herts UK SG4 9PG
Tel/Fax: 01462 625740

	Web Hosting at it's best <http://www.e-webspinner.com>
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Employees
of E-WebSpinner Ltd are expressly required not to make defamatory
statements and not to infringe or authorize any infringement of
copyright or any other legal right by email communications. Any such
communication is contrary to company policy and outside the scope of the
employment of the individual concerned. The company will not accept any
liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible
will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information contained in
it by anyone else is unauthorised.