[Herts] Update to the Frappr map

Ian Gregory yahoo at zenatode.org.uk
Wed Feb 1 05:10:11 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 05:10:16PM +0000, Steve Clark wrote:

> They have added a new facility to have different coloured pins for whatever
> categories you like. I have set them up for those who have attended a meeting
> and those who have not. Some of those already registered may have the wrong
> colour now, but I think you can change it.

I have added myself now and it looks like everyone else has the wrong
colour! The options are blue for not attended, red for attended. There
are no blues and one red (me). Everyone else is a sort of orangy colour.

Before I added myself I created my own Frappr account. Setting your
location is a real pain. I started to type "Hatfield" in the location
box (after clicking on "not in US" or whatever) and a list of matching
options appeared. When I clicked on "Hatfield, England (United Kingdom)"
it just put "undefined" in the location box - same as for any other city
I tried. When I typed the above exactly as it was shown it did set the
location, but it was somewhere up North and there was nothing else I
could do so I left that bit and just moved my marker to exactly where
I wanted it on the map.

> Meanwhile the IRC channel is thriving for the few of us using it. It's a
> useful place to raise any Linux issues that need a quick response. Someone
> there may be able to help. You are more likely to get a response outside
> working hours.

Yes, I was on the IRC channel for a while before I went up to Sheffield
at the weekend and I started to get the hang of it. I was using irssi on
my Debian shell account via ssh from my iBook. I will try it again when
I get through some more stuff on my ever growing todo list.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/