[Herts] Update to the Frappr map

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Thu Feb 2 01:59:38 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 05:01, Ian Gregory wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 05:10:16PM +0000, Steve Clark wrote:
> > They have added a new facility to have different coloured pins for
> > whatever categories you like. I have set them up for those who have
> > attended a meeting and those who have not. Some of those already
> > registered may have the wrong colour now, but I think you can change it.
>
> I have added myself now and it looks like everyone else has the wrong
> colour! The options are blue for not attended, red for attended. There
> are no blues and one red (me). Everyone else is a sort of orangy colour.

When I set up the colours I assumed that the existing ones were red and as
most of them had attended I set the colours up to reflect that. I now see
that Ian is right and they don't quite match. It's not a big deal.

I just tried to change my marker and go an error from the site, but it did
update

> Before I added myself I created my own Frappr account. Setting your
> location is a real pain. I started to type "Hatfield" in the location
> box (after clicking on "not in US" or whatever) and a list of matching
> options appeared. When I clicked on "Hatfield, England (United Kingdom)"
> it just put "undefined" in the location box - same as for any other city
> I tried. When I typed the above exactly as it was shown it did set the
> location, but it was somewhere up North and there was nothing else I
> could do so I left that bit and just moved my marker to exactly where
> I wanted it on the map.

I think I started off with a marker in Hitchin, but have moved it manually
since then.