[Herts] rant

Ian Gregory yahoo at zenatode.org.uk
Sat Feb 11 03:45:50 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:38:30PM +0000, Tony Friis wrote:

> Although I am happy to put in the effort, I couldn't ask others to do so
> (e.g. external speakers) unless members are prepared to provide some
> support, if only by turning up to listen.
>
> Am I wrong to be disappointed?

No, it is perfectly natural. One could probably do a statistical
analysis of past attendance figures and calculate the a priori
probability of four or less people turning up - as a guestimate
I would have put it at about 10% so you were certainly unlucky. I
would like to have been there, but, believe it or not, something
more important came up at the last minute:-)

I also missed the UH Discussion Society meeting which is on the
same night and is probably even less well attended. In the past I
have made the effort to go to both, but that is dedication beyond
the call of duty. I am sorry you didn't get a better attendance.
I have been asked about getting an external speaker for a
discussion society meeting but I am reluctant to do so for the
same reason.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory