[Herts] rant

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Sat Feb 11 08:29:20 GMT 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 03:20, Ian Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:38:30PM +0000, Tony Friis wrote:
> > Although I am happy to put in the effort, I couldn't ask others to do so
> > (e.g. external speakers) unless members are prepared to provide some
> > support, if only by turning up to listen.
> >
> > Am I wrong to be disappointed?
>
> No, it is perfectly natural. One could probably do a statistical
> analysis of past attendance figures and calculate the a priori
> probability of four or less people turning up - as a guestimate
> I would have put it at about 10% so you were certainly unlucky. I
> would like to have been there, but, believe it or not, something
> more important came up at the last minute:-)

I also fully intended to be there, but was struck down by some nasty lurgy. I
would have loved to have learnt more about Asterisk.

It was a shame so many people could not get there that night, but judging by
recent meetings I think you would be very lucky to get more than ten. I just
can't see where the extras would come from just now.

Don't be too disheartened.

See you in March