[Herts] rant

Tony Friis tony-lug at friis.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 11:18:15 GMT 2006

Neil Youngman wrote:
> On Friday 10 Feb 2006 23:38, Tony Friis wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
>>          But only FOUR people turned up!
>

> <SNIP>
>
>>Am I wrong to be disappointed?
>

> Disappointment is natural, I was disappointed that I couldn't make it.
>
> I think you were pretty unlucky. I would have loved to see this presentation,
> but I was pretty shattered after working to 1130 the night before and then
> being called at 3:30 a.m. Also I have a 2 week old baby, so family time takes
> priority after a day like that.

All is forgiven!

Congratulations on the new human, just teach him/her python/perl/php,
that should keep him/her quiet for a bit.

> Unfortunately it's a small group to start with an it only takes a little bad
> luck to halve the turnout.

Actually it's quite a large group, perhaps a hundred have attended,
we're wondering if we can get more to come back again.
Is it the venue, the company, the beer or the 2nd Wednesday?