[Herts] Herts LUG. I have a question?

local.linux local.linux at jumpstation.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 20:14:04 BST 2007

I like the EXAMPLES section of man pages, normally at the end.
mkisofs -o cd.iso directorycontainingfiles

that will create a basic ISO image of the files in directorycontainingfiles.
If you need a full harddrive backup including boot block then use dd
dd if=/dev/hda of=/tmp/harddrive.image
where /dev/hda matchs the hard drive you wish to backup

regards

Rob