[Herts] Web Authoring Software

Tim Gibbon tommybobbins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:24:36 BST 2007

This only applies if you are building a new site, feel free to ignore
if you are working with someone elses sh^Hite.

<rant>HTML editors are inevitably used to understand nested tables for
layout. Nested tables are dead, buried and no-one wants to bring them
back. Frames are also pants if you want google to be your friend.
Stick to simple HTML and make the stylesheet do the work.</rant>

I recommend picking a decent stylesheet up from somewhere like
www.csszengarden.com:
http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/categories/

Simple category gets my vote everytime.

Then using a text editor of your choice to edit the basic html and
stylesheet. Oreilly's pocket css guide is essential if you pick this
route:

Little book of calm:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CSS-Pocket-Reference-OReilly/dp/0596007779/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/026-5412219-8110835?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185286792&sr=8-1

Bigger book of understanding: