[Herts] WordPress 2.1.1 considered dangerous, upgrade to 2.1.2

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 14:46:50 GMT 2007

I don't know how many of you use WordPress (Paul, I know you do, so I've
CC'd you as well to make sure this gets your attention), but there's a
security problem found with WordPress 2.1.1 - a cracker gained access to
one of the webservers hosting the WordPress downloads, and inserted
nefarious code allowing remote code execution.

I've written it up in a post on my blog at:
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/index.php/2007/03/03/wordpress-211-considered-dangerous-upgrade-now/
(sorry about the long URL, I should have used a shorter title :) )

If you downloaded 2.1.1 more than 4/5 days ago you *should* be alright,
but I'd suggest spending 5 minutes upgrading anyway, to be on the safe
side :

Cheers

Dave P