[Herts] Herts LUG Meeting Wednesday 14th March.

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Mar 14 09:07:47 GMT 2007

David Precious wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Steve Clark wrote:
> Absolutely right.  I started designing a new site, but it's been left
> waiting... thanks for the wakeup call :)
>
> My progress so far is at:
>
> http://hertslug.dev.preshweb.co.uk/

I like the look of that.

>> 3. A replacement for our Frappr page
>> http://www.frappr.com/hertfordshirelug. This was neat at the time, but I
>> would like to see us build something more open. I already posted about
>> my own little example at http://bagofspoons.net/map/gmap.html
>
> Sounds like you're the man with the experience for this one :)

I'm willing to give it a go. It will give me a chance to work on my
Python skills. Dave, if you care to update your home page with your
coordinates I can add you to the map. Details at

http://geourl.org/add.html

>> 5. A market page for people to offer computer related items they want to
>> sell or give away.
>
> That could be useful... our own little Freecycle :)

It could at least be a place to offer stuff to the LUG before putting it
on Freecycle. I've given and gained a few items on the local lists,
including a couple of parts of upgrade my old PC.

I hope to make it to the meeting tonight.