[Herts] LUG Planet with Yahoo Pipes

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Tue Mar 20 09:10:21 GMT 2007

David Precious wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Steve Clark wrote:
>
>> I had a play last night at building a combined feed for those member
>> sites that have feeds. You can see it here:
>>
>> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/person.info?eyuid=m2wqERogvGZAGNzdV8U-
>
> You included everyone but me :(
>
> http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/

It had some problem with your feed, so I left it out for now.

>> The second problem was that the items were sorted by source instead of
>> by date, I tried applying a sort by 'pubdate', but that has problems
>> too. It seems that my feed does not include the date, but Bloglines and
>> Google Reader seem to manage to read it.
>
> I had the same problem when I played with it, I couldn't seem to get it to
> just sort all posts by date.

I think it might sort, but the posts have to have consistent metadata.

It's still a neat tool. They way you can just drag modules around and
make links between them makes for very quick development. If only I
could develop this .net app I'm working on like that.