[Herts] LUG site as a blog?

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Sun Mar 25 16:48:47 BST 2007

On Sunday 25 March 2007 12:54, David Precious wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just been thinking about the new LUG site, and wondering if, instead of
> having a site and a wiki, we should just set up Wordpress and have a LUG
> blog (to which we can all post stuff of interest) with static pages for
> details about the LUG itself etc.
>
> That way, it'd stay up to date, meeting reports could be posted easily,
> the "next meeting" announcements could be posted easily, and people who
> wanted to contribute interesting articles could just write a post.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> The main drawback I see is that the homepage would typically be a list of
> the latest posts rather than a homepage describing the LUG, but I guess a
> little Wordpress hackery could solve that.
>
> Nicolas, what

There's possibilities in something like that. I think the front page needs to
stay fairly static and give the important information, much like the current
one. The site should stay fairly tightly structured so that meeting reports
can be reached in a single click, as would the member list. It could work
like some sites that have a fairly static front page, but then a blog you can
optionally view.

I've mentioned it before, but the Hant LUG site is something like I imagine we
would have, but perhaps ours could be more stylish ;)

http://www.hantslug.org.uk/