[Herts] New web site

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 12:37:38 BST 2007

Steve Clark wrote:
> As discussed last night I have been thinking about how we could use
> Wordpress to make a better site. Dave very kindly set up a site for me
> to play with and I have quickly knocked up a few pages to show the
> possibilities:
>
> http://steevc.dev.preshweb.co.uk/
>
> Let me know what you think. I can set up some accounts if you want to
> play. There are various levels of user with differing capabilities:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
>
> Obviously we would have to do something about the look of the site to
> make it distinctive, but I have not got into that aspect yet. It needs
> someone with web design experience.

If we decide to go with WordPress, I'm happy to host it so that we have
full control; we could probably get www.herts.lug.org.uk pointed over
(Nicolas, I assume that can be arranged?), or we could even register
hertslug.org.uk and use that (then redirect www.herts.lug.org.uk there).

WP can be customised to look exactly the way you want without much trouble.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious