[Herts] On the scrounge for a hard drive

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Feb 11 15:39:41 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 15:12:41 James Ronan wrote:
> Hi Malc,
>
> Is it not work investing 30 quid?
>
> 	http://tinyurl.com/djlweh

That link fails for me. Drives are cheap, but the smaller ones can seem
overpriced when you don't need a big one.

> Malcolm Smith wrote:
> > Does anyone still have any spare hard disks?

I actually ended up being donated a PC that replaced the one with the flakey
disk. It's running XP, but I'm leaving that as it keeps the kids happy with
some stuff they want to play with.

I sometimes think we could do with a way to log what spare kit we have so that
others can browse the list. I hate throwing stuff away, but have assorted
hardware that I am unlikely to use. If I can get a few quid for it then that's
a bonus.