[Herts] various bits from last nights LUG

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Thu Jul 9 21:46:42 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 Jul 2009 12:32:26 local.linux wrote:
> hey,
>
> these are just a few bits regarding various discussions I had at last
> nights LUG.

Here's a couple of things I mentioned. Not really Linux related:

Clever Japanese music video using webcams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfBlUQguvyw

USB driven monitor. Maybe someone will do Linux drivers for it:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/bfa3/

BBC reporter responds to my tweet assuring him that Linux does have a
community:

http://twitter.com/ruskin147/status/2533910421

I was refering to the third paragraph of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/07/its_a_few_hours_since.html

I was speaking to Walter, a first time LUG visitor, who wants some support as
he attempts his first Linux install. I've sent him this link as an easy way to
get onto our IRC channel

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hertslug

The LUG site still refers to the channel on Efnet, but Dave set up the
Freenode one some time ago as it was easier to maintain. Perhaps we should use
the above link to encourage people to try it.