[Herts] Audio distros, JACK - kinda a sideline but meh

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Tue Jun 23 08:20:18 UTC 2009

2009/6/23 David Honour <thegoatee at tiscali.co.uk>

> Since I have about 11 tracks to record (which means on my first
> estimate about 75 perfect parts to record) I don't know how much
> documenting time I'll have (I'm actually taking a break from recording
> now) but I will certainly consider the blog.

I wasn't expecting long essays ;) Just a few notes on progress and what
hardware/software/techniques you are using.

> Maybe a wordpress one, i dunno, it seems to have enough space, but i
> don't know if it allows random files, anyone know?

I doubt Wordpress will allow you to upload lots of audio files, but there
are other sites dedicated to that, e.g.

http://www.soundclick.com/

I've not used them myself. I expect there are some that would let you embed
a player widget in your blog posts if you can stand to use non-free
MP3/Flash.

I've probably mentioned it before, but one of the podcasts I listen to is
about producing music with open-source software

http://www.opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/

They often feature tracks that people send in. Do you have any plans for
what you would do with the finished album? I've been reading some
discussions on how musicians can move beyond the record company/CD/music
shop model. e.g.

http://www.stevelawson.net/wordpress/2009/06/after-cds-whats-next/

Steve