[Herts] Next Meeting: Herts LUG - Wednesday 9th September 2009

David Honour thegoatee at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 15:38:47 UTC 2009

I was actually wondering if anyone would be interested in another music
lug you know, like a demo thing. Talk through how to set it up for
decent audio performance and some tricks and stuff.

Any interest?

Back to the topic.
my 9 fave apps:
- -nano (great, don't build with minimal though)
- -ardour (best daw on linux, they want to add midi, bad move)
- -jackd (i don't know if it counts, but it should, brilliant)
- -blender (i love that interface)
- -epdfview (does the job, no useless extras)
- -claws mail (does the job, good plugins too)
- -inkscape (best 2D drawing software i've used)
- -envy24control (gives direct control of my sound card)
- -gliv (OpenGL image viewer, so fast, thoroughly recommended)

David