[Herts] Installing Sidux

Malcolm Smith lists at thesmith.org.uk
Wed Mar 10 12:04:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:22:44AM +0000, Steve Clark wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 Mar 2010 11:15:00 Mike - XP Computers wrote:
> > >Featuring
> > >
> > >TBA!
> >
> > Wow, TBA! will be there? Aren't they that trendy new band... ;O)
>
> In the event that TBA can't make it, does anyone have anything interesting to
> share with the group? We've tried in the past to get people to do some sort of
> presentation and have had some great ones. That can seem a bit daunting, but I
> suggested a while back that people do mini-talks. Just do 10 minutes on
> whatever you have been playing with lately.
>
> I don't have anything new to talk about this month, but can do a few minutes
> on email encryption and GPG if anyone is interested.

I'm hoping to bring a machine and demonstrate installing Sidux on it,
so long as I can get it to work today (and then nuke the install and
repeat it for your enjoyment :)

Some of you may require sunglasses or even protective visors to shield
you from the uberleet coolness of this state-of-the-art supercomputer I
have created though, culled from parts from my olde Pentium III boxes...
(No, it will not run Vista or Crysis...)

Fingers crossed that it doesn't implode.

See you
--
Malcolm
http://www.thesmith.org.uk/     Personal site of unfathomable depths