[Herts] Next Meeting: Herts LUG - ** Tommorow ** ** Thursday 11th March 2010 ***

Mike - XP Computers mike at xpcomputers.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 12:03:53 UTC 2010

> Steve Clark
> Sent: 10 March 2010 11:23
>
> On Wednesday 10 Mar 2010 11:15:00 Mike - XP Computers wrote:
> > >Featuring
> > >
> > >TBA!
> >
> > Wow, TBA! will be there? Aren't they that trendy new band... ;O)
>
> I don't have anything new to talk about this month, but can do a few
minutes
> on email encryption and GPG if anyone is interested.

Email encryption & GPG would certainly interest me, although I'm not sure
yet if I will be there tomorrow.

If I am around, I'd also be happy to show people Linux Mint on my netbook.
I'm practically a Linux newbie though, so everyone will know more than about
Linux already, and may already be aware of Mint or even better newbie
distros.

I picked Mint after various research as it seemed to be one of the best "out
of the box" experiences for a Windows user (they run with each Ubuntu
release, but add their own stuff on top). I am assessing it for use by less
technical Windows users than myself. It might not be the best solution for
the geekiest amongst us, but knowing what distributions are out there for us
to all recommend to our non-geek friends could be useful. It might raise an
interesting discussion too about other similar mainstream newbie ditros that
other would recommend. If others would be interested in that, I'm happy to
show, and let others have a poke around too.

Mike