[Herts] Cheap Android for Xmas

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 14:03:36 UTC 2011

On Thursday 17 November 2011 12:49:39 Steve Clark wrote:
> Saw this yesterday
>
> http://www.expansys.com/acer-betouch-e120-android-smartphone-black-eu-versi
> on+uk-plug-225335/
>
> I've bought a couple for my kids and they arrived this morning. The kids
> needed better phones than the 2nd hand ones have have at the moment. Their
> needs are fairly basic (music, camera and a few games), but this should
> keep them going for a while. It comes with Android 1.6, but Acer have an
> upgrade to 2.1 on their site. Only a resistive screen, but that's what I
> have on my HTC Tattoo and I get by.

Are you planning to do the upgrade to 2.1?  If you do, please report how it
goes :)

I'm thinking of getting a new phone for my fiancee for Christmas, and this
looks like it could be a good one for her - I'm slightly put off by the fact
it's running the ancient Android 1.6, but if it can be upgraded easily (and
still runs well afterwards) I might be tempted, possibly :)