[Hudlug] Have we got any usb experts out there?

Tim Bray hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 29 03:29:01 2002

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Is there anyone out there with any experience of multiple usb storage devices?

Is your LS120 a USB device ?

I have a IDE Zip drive which mounts on /dev/sda

And my Usb-storage Compact Flash Reader mounts on /dev/sdb1

I'm not quite sure why the Compact flash driver acts although there is a
partition there.  I may try plugging in both my compact flash readers
and seeing if the second one comes up as /dev/sdc1 or if it comes up as
/dev/sdb2 (which would be somewhat unusual).

Notice that for some reason the usb-storage device behaves as if there
is a partition table there.

Tim