[Hudlug] Xinerama and Multi Head

Jiri Mencak hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 8 11:05:00 2002

Hi Dave,

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 08:55:03PM -0000, Dave Naylor wrote:
> What's a good spec dual head card gunna cost me, and can you
> recommend a particular model.
I'd go for a Matrox G550. I've been keeping my eye on it for over
3 months now. It is a bit pricy, I agree, but it has excellent support
in Linux. Accelerated framebuffer, directfb, svgalib, X, ... What more
do you want? You can get it from CCL (http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk)
at about 78 pounds incl. VAT. Pity I went for a cheap motherboard with
integrated AGP video card (Savage 4 MX). Anybody wants to buy a cheap EPOX
EP-8KHA+? :) I've never had any problems with it, and wouldn't
consider any other, but I really want a video card with TV-out and
can't find a suitable PCI card with accelerated framebuffer support
and TV-out...

--
Jiri