[Hudlug] Blueyonder Broadband

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 7 12:01:02 2002

Hi,
Thanks everybody for the help.  Will DHCPD automatically get the dns addresses
from resolve.conf - or will I have to put it in dhcpd.conf manually?  I suppose
the DNS won't keep changing, and it's a fairly small network, so I might as
well setup DNS on the windows machines manually.

Using a spare 486 really isn't an option.  I'd need an ISA network card for the
486, and all our windows machines have PCI only.  Blueyonder will only install
on windows (98 or above).  Plus, I want to run sshd & ftp.

And yes, running servers like that is a security risk.  I'm running intrusion
detection and Logwatch, I'm also on the bugtraq@securityfocus.com mailing list,
I'm going to update everything as soon as I get online, and I'm going to keep
backups as soon as I get a  cdwriter.  What more can I do?

--
Richard Kirkcaldy

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk