[Hudlug] Blueyonder Broadband

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 7 16:49:00 2002

Quoting Chris Lindley <chris.lindley@scotgate.org>:

> Are you sure you need win98 to install Blueyonder?  NTL say a windows
> machine is needed for the cable modem install, but basically they're
> saying they only support windows.  When I had my cable modem
> installed,
> I just got the man to plug it into the wall. I did all the rest!

It says quite clearly on the website that:
It is possible to configure Linux to work with blueyonder broadband Internet,
however our installers will not connect to a PC running Linux, and
unfortunately we are unable to offer any technical support to users choosing to
run this operating system
You will need Window 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000 or Millennium and for Macintosh
operating systems 8.1 to 9.05.

It also says somewhere that my computer has to have antivirus software on it.
Can you imagine the technicians being able to setup antivirus on all types of
linux?  Chances are they have an instruction book which they follow word for
word to setup windows/apple - re-read the operating system requirements, they
can't even support XP or osX yet.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.brad.ac.uk