Bowsers (was Re: [Hudlug] OT: Participants needed)

Tim tim at kooky.org
Mon Dec 1 18:10:40 GMT 2003

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Sarah, I'm deliberately hijacking, in the hope that you can point me
> to the right place to solve a problem that has been bugging me for
> ages.  I opened your page in Mozilla and all the bullet points were
> missing.  In Konqueror everything was fine.  I have often found that
> sections of text are missing from pages in Mozilla.  I'm just
> wondering if you can identify anything specific to your bullet points
> that may be causing the problem?  Could it be font, for instance?

Sarah's website looks fine in mozilla from here.  Version 1.5, under
windows.

The bullets are done using bullet shaped characters, rather than using
<UL><LI></UL>, but that shouldn't cause blocks of text to disappear.

It could be that the character used for bullets only exists in MS
operating system fonts, and not in helvetica under linux.

Tim