Bowsers (was Re: [Hudlug] OT: Participants needed)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 19:50:28 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 02 Dec 2003 7:38 pm, Tim wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Screenshot attached
>
> If you click and drag over the text, then can you see it?

Yes - sort of.  You can't see all the text in a line at once, but you
can make most of it out.

I've seen something like this when on-line banking using Mozilla.  On
one form the same thing happened.  I went on to Chatzilla and talked
to one of the developers.  He talked me through getting some
debugging stuff, from which it seemed that a script was running which
looked for an 'event' and when it didn't find it, it didn't print to
screen.  I passed the info back to the bank webmaster, and a couple
of months later the next version of the software had the form working
correctly.

> Also, what does http://merlin.provu.co.uk/~tim/myplace/
>
> Look like?

All the bullet points are there - just as they should be.  However, in
the navigation column, 'Current' is missing from the second item.  I
didn't notice it before but there is a problem with all the section
links on Sarah's page, but not under 'Latest Stuff'.  In the section
links, part or all the text is invisible for the page that you are
viewing.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302