[Hudlug] Re: Dammed Gentoo!!

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 17 19:16:04 2003

> Hi,
>
> You can install the 1.2 (stable release) using this, please input the
> bug that you experienced at http://bugs.gentoo.org

Well thanks from some help on #gentoo amd installing 1.4 using the 1.2
bootdisc.

Unfortunately I'm running into no end of problems.  For some reason wget is
getting stalled halfway through a lot of the downloads. Consequently when I
ctrl-c it, it resumes (eventually) the bootstrap.sh procedure, except
sometimes the larger files are corrupt, so I get a error message saying
delete corrupt file *.tgz and reget it.

So I start bootstrap.sh again!  So far since last night I've had not much
luck.  So I've downloaded the stage 2 tarball (thankfully it downloaded OK)
and am starting from there!!

I wonder if the NTL transparent proxy is causing me problems!

Anyway am on emerge system now!

Cheers
Chris