[Hudlug] New mobo wanted!

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 17 19:16:08 2003

HI all,

I've come to the conclusion that my problems with installing gentoo are not
due to my own incompetence, nor faulty memory sockets as I previously
stated, but my mobo is kaput!

I keep getting some non-boots.  i.e. POST does not beep, and usually I need
to reset the bios in order to let the macheine boot.  There's a shedload of
other stuff as well.

IN compiling Gentoo I keep getting random errors, which I can only attribute
to faulty hardware.

So it's either the cpu or mobo.!

At the moment it's a duron 750 with an Abit KT7a133 board.

Can any body recommend a good board?

I'd prefer to stay with my sdram, so no DDR only boards.

I'd also prefer to stick with AMD, since I may not be able to afford to
upgrade the cpu as well!

So advice please!!

Cheers
Chris