[Hudlug] Network printing

Anne Wilson hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 18 17:33:01 2003

Chris - do you remember posting this:

 to print via CUPS to a printer on the Windows machine!=20
Now up to now this has worked perfectly. The Windows machine was running=20
Win98.  But I've upgraded to win2000 and now the bugger just does not wor=
k!=20
Now I think I know why.  Win200 wants a username and password. However I =
just=20
cannot work out the correct way to supply the password.  Using "smbclient=
 -L=20
fluffy"  will browse all the shared stuff on that machine, that is after =
it=20
asks for a password.  So it knows my username (obviosuly cos I;m logged o=
n as=20
that!).

Did you get it sorted?  What was the solution?

Anne
--=20
Registered Linux User No.293302