[Hudlug] on /. today

Shak hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Mar 31 12:49:00 2003

There was a competition for this, I guess this guy gets the many $s that were offered for it :D

Looks cool - M$ defeated again!

Shak

From: Charles Blackburn <charlesb@summerfield-technology.co.uk>
Date: 2003/03/31 Mon AM 10:25:14 GMT
To: hudlug <hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [Hudlug] on /. today

| Linux Running on Xbox Without Modchip!                             |
|   from the kinda-anyway dept.                                      |
|   posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday March 30, @08:46 (linux)            |
|   http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/30/1337234              |

NiteStar writes "It looks like people on [0]xbox-scene.com and
[1]xboxhacker.net managed to run Xbox-Linux on a non-modded Xbox
console.
It requires no soldering at all - you don't even have to open up the
Xbox. They are using an exploit in the saved game handling of the EA
xbox
game '007 Agent Under Fire'. It requires the original version of the 007
game and a memorycard you can connect to PC like the mega-X-key or
datel's action replay. Apparently you can even build this memorycard
yourself using a standard USB memstick." Frankly it seems like just
soldering in the modchip would be easy, but big points for being clever!

Discuss this story at:
    http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=03/03/30/1337234

Links:
    0. http://www.xbox-scene.com/