[Hudlug] Hardware Vendors Supporting Linux

Tim tim at kooky.org
Sun Feb 22 00:16:19 GMT 2004

Rob Shakir wrote:

 > Are there companies that provide affordable, reliable systems that
 > I'm not aware of? I know of a couple, but their systems are
 > distinctly second rate.

It doesn't just apply to Linux.  Many `brand name` PC vendors supply
hardware that isn't great.  They spend their money on marketing and
branding rather than on the hardware itself.  Providing the basic stats
look good, and the cost of large corporate buyers is low, with the
inkling you are getting something great ....

Buying standard parts from somewhere like CCL, Scan, Insight, Dabs is
the way to go.  Most of these people will assemble as well.

Also, to be pedantic, your graphics problems aren't to do with linux.
They are are do with the xserver support.

Most users just use the OS that comes bundled with there system, so the
people doing the bundling can sort this out.

Tim