[Hudlug] Invite to Linux & Open Source Seminar

naes yllek naesyllek at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 01:53:56 GMT 2004

Hi fellow Luggies

On behalf of Hull-LUG, I'd like to extend to your
members an invite to a forthcoming Linux & Open Source
seminar.

The seminar has been funded by Hull Time Based Arts
d:CODE & supported by Hull-LUG, and will be held @
Quality Royal Hotel, Hull on Wednesday 8 December 2004
12:30-16:00.

Presentations and demonstrations will cover a variety
of topics that Linux & Open Source has made an impact,
including areas such as business & commerce,
education, multimedia and creative arts.

Speakers currently include;
(confirmed)
        Jono Bacon (journalist & advocate),
        Oliver Van Acker (BBC),
        James Woolbank (Redundant Tech Iniative).

(subject to availability);
        East Hull City Learning Centre,
        Sun Microsystems,
        Novell/SuSE

Entrance to the event is free, however we have limited
places and therefore booking in advance will guarantee
a seat. Should any of your members or other parties be
interested in attending then please feel free to
contact me or alternatively HTBA's Tim Harrison on
01482 307070.

www.timebase.org
www.hull.lug.org.uk

I look forward to seeing you @ the event.