A fil rouge for the wiki sans frontieres (was Re: [Hudlug] Spam in the wiki

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:41:04 GMT 2005

On 10/31/05, Andrew Beresford <beezly at beezly.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 11:50 +0100, Ben Fowler wrote:
> > I have been thinking that there ought to be a way to attach further comments,
> > links et cetera, relevant to a meeting's discussion, a sort of 'Yesterday in
> > Wood Street'
>
> I suppose the ideal place to do this would be the discussion page for
> the meeting article. E.g. see "discussion" at the top of
> http://www.hudlug.org.uk/wiki/7_November_2005

That point was meant to be 'strike while the iron is hot' and have somewhere
to link the stricken.

My picture of this was simply to carry on at the 'end' of the meeting page, and
transfer interesting threads to their own pages. ...

Perhaps the label could be changed to 'Continue the discussion' or
"Read comments' ...

> > Or should we have a section of HOWTOs and TRYINGTOs see
> > http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/Main_Page .
>
> Sounds fine to me - the easy way to do this is to add [[Category:HOWTO]]
> or [[Category:TRYINGTO]] to the top of the article.

A problem with wikis in general is that humans are good using
categories, but bad
at categorising things. The use of categories should be secondary.

We can discuss this.

I bigger problem is that my login seems to have stopped working.

Next month, I will sort out my passwords.

May I re-jig the front page again?

Ben