[Hudlug] linux accessability

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 12:23:20 GMT 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 11:03, Ben Fowler wrote:

> O.K. You have mentioned GNUcash at least twice. Is this an important
> activity for you? I would at once suggest that there is a privacy and
> perhaps a security issue here.

I've used GnuCash.  It can do most things, but I certainly wouldn't call it
intuitive.  There are other possibilities, like Kmymoney, though I don't know
anything about them.  Perhaps some other member has tried them.  If not, I'd
be willing to try something out and report back.  I'd be doubtful about
recommending GnuCash to a sighted person unless he/she had both accounting
experience and determination.

As for the privacy issue, the general recommendation for any accounting
application is to set up a test account that can be played around with.  Most
accounting programs can handle more than one 'company', so I'm assuming that
this is true of the home-accounts packages.  If not, it will be possible to
temporarily rename Michael's own files and start a test account.

I'd be willing to help research the possibilities, although I'm going to be
away for the next few days.

Anne