[Hudlug] ubuntu problem

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:09:30 BST 2006

On 21/06/06, MICHAEL WEAVER <michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> When I log on to my laptop, some of the time I have to keep quitting and
> trying to load Gnopernicus and I get the feeling that something may well be
> broken because I am getting an error message about the Gnome Panel with
> buttons to tell the administrator, cancel, restart etc

... that means that Gnome had determined that the Panel had crashed ...

> and when I try to
> restart everything seems to stop working or at least the laptop stops
> speaking.

That could either be a problem with Gnopernicus, but the Accessibility
layer for Gnome or with the sound card (or its drivers)

> I am wondering if this error message which seems to be preventing the
> desktop from coming up is a bug with the Beta of Dapper or if it may have
> anything to do with us preventing the updating of my system.

It could be Dapper's bug, we would need to search the Ubuntu Bug
database. I agree that the first step is to move up to the release
version of Dapper.

> I will leave my system for tonight and hopefully my system may be more
> reasonable tomorrow although as it is my Birthday I may be doing other
> things.

Good luck with the other things.

Ben