Browser? (was Re: [Hudlug] switching to linux)

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 02:12:07 BST 2006

On 06/09/06, MICHAEL WEAVER <michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I think the one stumbling block I have is Internet access with web browsers.
> If Mozilla Firefox isn't accessable and if I have to use a text browser,
> are forms more accessable these days as there was a time when text
> Browsers couldn't cope with the things and also would a text Browser
> give me access to my account details for YBS or would it reject me
> logging in as I would be using a browser other than Internet Explorer or
> Firefox?
> At the moment I actually use Firefox in Windows as GW Micro have
> provided a script for it.

I think that Firefox works, and the Firefox team have an awareness of
accessibility; but that at present Orca is doing things one way (tied
to Gnome/Gtk) and Firefox are rolling their own. Whilst I expect that
things will come together over the next couple of years, at the
moment, the paths are parallel rather than converging.

As you know, I have a soft spot for Lynx, and I would be pleased to
try out any of text mode browsers with you.

Ben