[Hudlug] created a web page

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Sep 18 09:08:17 BST 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 00:30, Ben Fowler wrote:
> On 15/09/06, MICHAEL WEAVER <michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > I now have a presence on the web.
>
> Michael, it is good, it is very good.
>
> Indeed why bother with Linux if you can do all that in Word!
>
> Next time we meet, could you go over the steps you carry out to create
> and/or update a web page using your chosen Windows tools. I would very
> much like to be able to be set up the same workflow under Linux. I
> will freely admit that I cannot see any way of doing this that is as
> easy as I would like.

A couple of years back I wanted a simple way to create web pages, and found
that the tool within the Mozilla suite was very, very good.  In tabs you
could switch between code view and web view, and there was a link to W3C for
verifying your code.

You could type directly into the layout page, and then use the code page to
fine-tune placement, and so on.

I haven't installed SeaMonkey, so I don't know whether the same thing is
available from there.  If it is, it's definitely worth looking at.

Anne