[Hudlug] Hello

Roger Greenwood rg at nthong.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 21:54:30 BST 2008

Just joined the HUDLUG list - I think I was subscribed before with a previous
email address, but it expired some time ago.

So hello everyone.

I am unlikely to get to any meetings, but hope to enjoy the online
discussions.

Using SuSE 9.2 on my machine, and ubuntu 7.10 on the kids. Not used MS
software at home since 1997 after an upgrade from win95 which came with a
second hand machine.

Actively looking to use Linux at work, but not competent enough (or brave
enough!) yet. Three major issues to solve :-

1. Workbook sharing with spreadsheets ( a la excel) (openoffice are working on
it for version 3)
2. Decent 2D CAD e.g. Autodesk Autocad. (Bricscad is nearly there, linux
version 2 releases behind)
3. Idiot proof server install (MS Server 2003 R2 is very good really)

Any advice/comment on the above gratefully received.

Anything else you want to know about me just ask, or look here :-

www.nthong.co.uk

Roger Greenwood
Netherthong.

--
Xerox never comes up with anything original.