[Hudlug] problems backing up

Michael Weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:30:49 UTC 2010

I have got Ubuntu Lucid on both my Desktop and Laptop computers but I am
having a problem finding an accessible backup application for backing up
my systems.
One problem I might have with some applications is that they sometimes
use sudo which can be inaccessible.
An example of one problematic app I have tried is Sbackup and I have
noticed this doesn't backup files over a certain size.
I was recommended to Deja-dup only when I try to run a Backup I am given
an error message about the file system already being mounted it comes up
with something like "file system already mounte" or "Remote localtion
already mounted" when I try to back up to DVD so I am assuming I am not
getting past this message as leaving it doesn't make any difference to
my backup starting.
Hope someone can give me some advice in this area.