[Hudlug] demoing the mac

michael weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 02:17:43 UTC 2010

i know this is a bit off topic and not strictly a linux question
but i am looking for perhaps someone to give me a hands on
demonstration of a mac.
if i am going to be sticking with the i-phone and linux distros
such as ubuntu are not going to provide the ability to be able to
backup the phone or upgrade the firmware i might have to possibly
consider purchasing a mac.
this is why i am looking for maybe hands on demo of the mac with
voiceover as huddersfield doesn't have an apple store for me to
be able to get to to be able to have hands on experience with
one.
i know that my befriender has a mac but don't know if it is
portable or if he would risk bringing it around to my place if he
does have one in notebook size.
we both have the similar phone so for him it is easier to upgrade
the firmware etc than it is for me only using linux.
i had a brief look at wine to see if this was an option only the
menus don't speak with orca.
i know because i tried the wine setup and got no access with the
standard orca cursor and i couldn't even access any menus using
f10 or the alt key.