[IoMLUG] Is this list still alive?

Dan mr.dan.wood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:43:00 UTC 2024

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024, 09:51 Andy Otley, <aotley at gmail.com> wrote:

> What was that mark twain quote.....:)
> Does it hurt to keep it going....one day we may all have a bit of time !
> Cheers
> Ansy
>
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2024, 09:46 Dan via IoM, <iom at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 21 Jan 2024, 20:12 Liam Proven via IoM, <iom at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> I joined a few months ago but I've not seen a single message...
>>>
>>> Is this thing on?
>>>

>>> --
>>

>> Hi Liam!
>>
>> Yes, this list still works. The last time I suggested switching it off there were a few folk who said they would like to keep it running.
>>
>> I'm not sure where they are now though, and in fact a few people have just unsubscribed after obviously forgetting they were still signed up!
>>
>> Maybe it is time to pull the plug on IoMLUG after all...
>>
>> Dan.
>>

>> --

The administration of the list and our minimal static website is no
problem really. All the infrastructure is actually done for us by the
folks at lug.org.uk so it's easy. I suppose my main concern is that of
appearing to be 'current'. I wonder about someone who is curious about
Free software or GNU/Linux and who does an internet search and all
they find locally is a dead looking list!

Anyway, as we decided last time. Let's keep it going a bit longer! :)

Dan.