[IoMLUG] Nothing to do with Linux, but interesting just the same.

Andrew Hall andrwhl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:42:21 UTC 2024

Just thought I'd mention - I've regressed back to maintaining VB6!
As a consequence, I have come across an incredible effort by a guy named
Wayne Phillips to create a complete modern fully compatible development
tool set for VB6 and VBA, including full native support for 64 bit. I'm
quite blown away with what he has achieved in only a couple of years.
If interested, check out twinbasic.com. There is also a group(?) on discord
and some stuff on github. But note, this isn't open source - just there's a
free-to-use version.
Wayne plans to target multiple platforms in future so you never know...
maybe we'll see VB6 code running on Linux before we all grow too much older!
--Andrew.