[IoMLUG] Nothing to do with Linux, but interesting just the same.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:24:03 UTC 2024

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 at 15:42, Andrew Hall via IoM
<iom at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Just thought I'd mention - I've regressed back to maintaining VB6!
> As a consequence, I have come across an incredible effort by a guy named Wayne Phillips to create a complete modern fully compatible development tool set for VB6 and VBA, including full native support for 64 bit. I'm quite blown away with what he has achieved in only a couple of years.
> If interested, check out twinbasic.com. There is also a group(?) on discord and some stuff on github. But note, this isn't open source - just there's a free-to-use version.

I've written about it, and its main competitor RAD BASIC:

https://www.theregister.com/2023/03/28/nostalgic_for_basic/

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
IoM: (+44) 7624 277612: UK: (+44) 7939-087884
Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053