[IoMLUG] Nothing to do with Linux, but interesting just the same.

Dylan Smith dyls at alioth.net
Fri Jan 26 16:35:23 UTC 2024

Or if you just want to do BBC BASIC, there is the open source BBCSDL
which runs on modern systems (including Linux, of course). This is a
modernised version of the original BASIC interpreter. See
https://www.bbcbasic.co.uk/bbcsdl/index.html

Linux generally is great for doing cross development - currently on my
main Debian desktop I have the gcc tool chain for arm32, aarch64
(arm64), RISC-V (rv32 and rv64), m68k (Amiga) plus the Watcom compiler
for building MS-DOS executables, cc65 (6502 targets), z88dk (Z80
targets). As well as the native x86 and amd64 toolchains.

Although anyone who has to deal with VB6 has my sympathy :-) I had to do
a bit of VB6 in a previous life and it was not in the slightest bit
enjoyable!