[Lancaster] Folly Computers

martyn.welch@btinternet.com martyn.welch at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 13 11:39:01 2003

In which case may I suggest building a site arround PHPNuke or equivalent as rights to publish articles could be given out to people, leading to a slightly more active site.

Does anyone know where the web-site is hosted? is it at the Folly?
To whom do I need to speak to gain access to it? Could I do this over the internet (I have ADSL access...)

As a side issue who owns the rights to the Domain name. A whois look up returns "fairfield Media Ltd" and the URL "lancasterlug.org.uk" is redirected to "www.foneport.com", which is a little annoying.

I agree with the advocacy point, has anyone seen the fuss that is beginning to be kicked up over the "DMCA equivalent" for europe - maybe we should help? It needs to be writen up so non-techs can see how potentially screwed they maybe if it goes through.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a tech and thus suffer from the generic lack of political impetus to do anything at all, however technically I can help.

Martyn