[Lancaster] Re: Last nights meeting

Martyn Welch martyn at 22balmoralroad.net
Thu Jan 30 19:59:01 2003

I have been unable to attend a few and have found the web-site to be out =
off=20
date. Appartently "The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 2=
7th=20
7pm".

I have also not seen any E-mail on the mailing list - basically I'm not t=
here=20
because I don't know when it is!

Please could someone mail this list...

On a more positive note, has anyone tried Gentoo yet. I've been installin=
g it=20
recently (was waiting for KDE 3.1 to come out) and am finding it a refres=
hing=20
experience! (have been using Mandrake and Readhat) I would point out that=
 it=20
would be insane to try using it without a permanent connection, the only =
ISO=20
image available only holds that base system adn the rest is downloaded an=
d=20
installed via a system with apparently is similar to BSD's ports - never =
used=20
it don't know.

Hope to see everyone at the next meeting, if there is one...

Martyn