[Lancaster] Re: the kitchen network.

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Wed Aug 18 22:17:43 BST 2004

I went down to the Folly this morning with the intention of installing a
CD writer. Should have been an easy job. For various reasons it wasn't
and as I had little time, I've brought the PC in question home to sort
out. Will return it to the Folly ASAP, probably early next week.

This machine will then have NIC, SCSI card (for flatbed scanner --
Thanks Martyn), CDROM and CD writer.

I foresee a problem with hard drive capacity as the existing drive is
only 4GB. This won't hold many ISOs. Physical space is limited inside
the desktop style box, but it should be possible to hang in an
additional hard drive. The largest available one that I know about at
the Folly is 8GB, a spare inside one of the unused server boxes.