[Lancaster] Postcodes

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Wed Aug 18 22:17:51 BST 2004

Re: PCs for Nigeria

Having worked in Nigeria, I strongly recommend that the PCs be made as
tamper proof and as climate proof as possible. My experience is that if
it possibly can go wrong , it will!

Also, unless things have improved since my time there, a UPS is a must
for anything at all critical. Most establishments had standby generators
which kicked in in the event of one of the very frequent power cuts. But
the delay of a few seconds to a minute or so will throw out any
unprotected PC.

If the location is anywhere near Lagos, effects due to the humidity have
to be experienced to be believed.

Ken Hough