[Lancaster] Front page Citizen Article

Ken Hough kenhough at uklinux.net
Tue Dec 14 08:52:18 GMT 2004

Martyn Welch wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> May I suggest all those with a penchant for advocacy avail themselves of a
> copy of this weeks Citizen. One of the front page articles "Close the Gates
> call" reports on a suggestion by Lancaster's Green Party to remove Microsoft
> software from council computers and replace it with "open source" software.
>
> The article mentions Sun Microsystems and thus my guess is that they are
> talking about the "Java Desktop System" rather than Solaris (which Sun are
> talking about opening) which is in fact Linux.
>
> I guess it would be a good idea for us to spend some time soon getting the
> next generation of the folly's systems up and running

I believe that we need to do this soon, otherwise the whole effort will
loose momentum. I suggest a few extra sessions with enough time to
really get to work  --  perhaps during the daytime. I'm happy to provide
time to act as general assistant, but as you know, my networking skills
are limited.

Ken Hough

  and arrange a meeting