[Lancaster] Re: [offlist] Re: Laptop Power Managment

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 20:25:49 BST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 09:37, Ken Hough wrote:
> Andy,
>
> Further comments re 'rezound'
>
> Having downloaded/compiled/installed 'FOX TOOLS' and checked all wes
> well via FOX sample apps, I still could not get 'rezound' to configure.
> I discovered that the configure script was looking specifically for
> libFOX-1.1, whereas I had version 1.2! Version 1.1 did not seem to be
> available from the FOX TOOLS site.
>
> Anyway, I modified the configure script to look for v1.2 and all seemed
> to be well, except that 'make' failed, complaining that it douldn't find
> various functions, etc.

You could try compiling the source of the library at that point - it would put
itself in /usr/local/lib, and be picked up when you compile rezound.

the main thing to remember is that to compile a program that uses a library,
you need the libraryname-dev package installed, which has all the headers and
config files in it. e.g. if you're compiling a gtk program, you need
libgtk-dev, or libgtk-2.0-dev

--
Please don't send me html mail or un-notified attachments. These will be
automatically filed under 'probable spam' unless I'm expecting an email which